Supply Chain Trainee logistics
- location:9042 Gent
- job category:Logistics
- Contracttype:interim job with option for permanent employment
- labor regime:Full time
- working experience:No Experience
- updated:16/09/2023 01:13
Just graduated and have recently obtained your bachelor's degree? Interested in a leadership role? Our client, Katoen Natie in Ghent, has a vacancy for a Supply Chain Trainee.
Grow into a leadership position with the Supply Chain Traineeship
As a Supply Chain Trainee, you will have the opportunity to advance to a leadership role within one of our logistics operations within a span of 2 years. Your logistics career will take off with an extensive on-the-job training program lasting approximately 2 years. The emphasis is on developing operational skills, leadership qualities, and specialization.
A diverse journey.
Throughout this exploratory experience, you will have the chance to become familiar with various operations and clients. This will enable you to discover the possibilities available to you within the company. There will be a total of 4 evaluation moments during the program. Depending on your competencies and interests, you may progress to a leadership position, such as a team leader overseeing a team/department and being responsible for guiding and coaching your team within a specific department.
Katoen Natie Gent is a logistics company specializing in storage, transport and handling of goods. Based in the city of Ghent in Belgium, the company has offices around the world. Katoen Natie was founded in 1854 and has since grown into an international player in logistics and supply chain management. Katoen Natie Ghent is an important employer in the Ghent region and has strong ties with the local community. The company has taken several initiatives in the past to support the local economy and has invested in sustainable logistics and innovation.
What are we looking for?
- You have obtained a bachelor's degree in logistics, business or business management, trade, etc.
- Or you have an A2 diploma with relevant work experience, such as team leader, shift leader, supervisor, logistics employee, forklift driver, ambitious warehouse employee, etc.
- You speak fluent English and Dutch
- You are a true people manager and enjoy leading others.
- You can remain calm in stressful situations and are willing to make decisions.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are willing to actively get things done.
- You are willing to invest in yourself, you are driven and eager to learn.
- You are flexible in terms of working hours (shifts) and tasks.
What do we offer?
- A challenging training program of approximately 2 years, where you will progress to a leadership position in logistics (team leader/manager of your own team or department) depending on your interests and skills.
- A logistics role with a lot of variety in the warehouses of Katoen Natie in the port of Ghent.
- You will join a fast-growing and dynamic company. Katoen Natie has a strong no-nonsense corporate culture. If you know how to take initiative, you can quickly advance.
- A stepping stone for a professional career in a logistics environment.
- After a successful interim period, we offer you a permanent contract.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.